Teaching yourself Tranquillity is a simple guide to meditation.
I discovered meditation during my days as a corporate executive. Meditation was introduced as a way of increasing personal potential. I found the practice worked for me. I began to enjoy my work more, and I believe I became a lot better at it. At the same time, I decided I needed to know more about how and why meditation had beneficial effects. I began to study it at home and in my travels abroad. I attended retreats and listened to teachers from many countries, Japan, Korea, Nepal, China, Tibet and the USA. And at the same time I was keeping the notes which eventually became Teaching yourself Tranquillity.
HOW CAN MEDITATION CHANGE ME?
Meditation is an exercise, and like other exercises, it is transformative if done over a period of time. The more you jog, the fitter you become. The more you practice meditation the more you are aware of the state of your mind and how you can focus it to achieve calm and enjoyment.
IS IT A HARD SLOG?
No. You'll get a benefit straight away. And the more helpful it is to you, obviously, the more you'll want to go on with it.
WHAT'S NEW ABOUT THIS BOOK?
- It's a simple technique. Believe me, there's a lot of complicated and weird stuff out there.
- It's based on common sense things we know
- It links meditation with everyday life in the street
- It helps you to solve the practical problems you face every day
- It only requires a little of your time
- You don't need to "sit" in particular postures
- It's only spiritual in a personal sense, entirely unrelated to existing sects, religions and groups
Try Meditation. You can only get happier.